Below you will see a great tip to Flash a Ledger Board
Deck Ledger boards are a common source of water infiltration and it can be years before you discover the damage caused by water finding it ways behind the ledger and into your home. The process below may seem a little excessive but the extra time spent following these steps may save your thousands of dollars in repairs.
1. Install house wrap on the wall several inches higher than where the top of ledger board will be.
2. Install a Z Flashing approved for pressure treated lumber where the bottom of the Ledger will be.
3. Cover the top of the Z Flashing with house wrap tape.
4. Fasten the Ledger board over the Z Flashing.
5. Install Flashing approved for pressure treatliumber on toop of the ledger.
6. Cover the top of the flashing with window/door flashing tape.
7. Install house wrap over the flashing.
8. Fasten the house wrap to the wall with house wrap tape.
9. Install the siding finally.