Use this methods only on cartridges with the head built into the cartridge like Samsung, HP, Lexmark and most of Canon. Don’t use in Epson Cartridges, Brother, Canon cartridges without print head. An inkjet nozzle has a diameter of about 45 microns When the cartridge become empty, the ink trapped in the nozzles is exposed to air form the outside and inside. The ink begins to dry and when ink dry the forms a slug of solid material in the nozzles. What you see on the paper in skipping, banding or no print at all.
7 Way to clean Blocked Clogged Ink Cartridges
1. Remove the clogged cartridge from your printer and unplug the power cord from the back of the printer. Use a clean soft cloth with alcohol to clean the electrical contacts inside the carriage of the printer. Locate the copper-colored electronic circuit strip on the cartridge. Wipe them with isopropyl alcohol. Run the print head cleaning utility that came with your printer.
2. Locate the print head on the bottom of the cartridge, where the ink comes out from the cartridge. Gently and slowly wipe off any dried or crusty ink, with a cloth dampened with water. Whenever possible, use distilled water especially if you have hard water or are concerned about mineral deposits from your tap water.
3. Hold the ink cartridge head under a stream of hot water for some minutes then dry the cartridge and reinstall in the printer.
4. Fill a saucer with hot water. If he print head is badly clogged so you can add a small amount of ammonia, bleach or soap. After that place the cartridge in the solution for about 2 hours, or more. * Note that the cartridge is put in so that only the head is under the water. Water should not be boiling. After that dry the cartridge and reinsert into the printer.
5. Place some old newspapers in the counter of the sink. Hold the print head under a water tap running warm water for 10 minutes. Place your finger over the tap to create back pressure. This step will allow you to squirt the water into all crevices of the print head. Then dry the cartridge and reinsert print head into the printer.
6. These option you must be very carefully because you have to use compressed air in the ventilation hole. The air will force the ink to flow through the print head. Please make attention and do it at open air or put the cartridge on some paper towels in an area where you can tolerate a spill. You can also use a syringe or a squeeze bottle.
7. Cover the print head with a damp cloth then attach the hose of a vacuum to the print cartridge nozzles. For only a few seconds at a time then turn on vacuum. Repeat process until ink flows again through the print head. After that blow off the excess of ink with toilet roll.
Relate Post: Supplies Outlet Coupon