Below you will see a Bristol Stool Form of Scale
However, If you would like to be more clinical in your poo appraisal which you can also use the Bristol Stool Form Scale. A visual guide for stools that developed from researchers at the Bristol Royal.
- Type1: Separate hard lumps like nuts
- Type2: Sausage like but lumpy
- Type3: Like a sausage but with cracks in the surface
- Type4: Like a sausage or snake but smooth and soft
- Type5: Softblobs with clear cut edges
- Type6: Fluffy pieces with ragged edges
- Type7: Watery and no solid pieces
Type1 and type 2 indicate constipation. For type 3 and type 4 considered the ideal stools. Type 5, 6 and 7 are indicative of diarrhoea.
More than 70% of human body’s immune cells are found in the gut’s mucosal lining.