Below you will see a trick question that you in denial or not
It’s one thing to have an addiction acknowledging it is another thing. Quite where are are in relation to nodding your noggin and biting the bullet is generally logged against a model of motivation known as the wheel of change.
- Pre Contemplation: Shopping, Facebook habit might be hunky and it might be or you could be in this stage. The first step to breaking free from addiction is knowing you have a problem finding the source to the problem, and finding other ways to deal with the problem. If you have see many addicts succesfully recover once and you may find althernative ways to handle and face the issues that you dealing with.
- Contemplation: Once you have slunk out of denial and you do not have to give it the flick but you can evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of the addiction. You have to face it which it will serves some purpose. You may feel as though you kinda like it.
- Preparation: If you decide the cons outweight the pros which enough to put up with the discomfort of practising new ways of being. You will lay the groundwork for practical steps to change. This stage will include completing a plan with a timeline.
- Action: You can start to implement the plan and may seek support to make it stick such as self help, comselling or a support group.
- Maintenance: After a few week or few momth you have to manage to change your behaviour and your goals is to maintain your new modus operandi.
- Relapse: Although not inevitable, relapses are a normal part of the change cycle and if handled well can serve as learning experiences with real growth value. Try to avoid relapse and it can be useful to expect it.
- Termination: It might seem as though you will never kick back and recount the day when you were beholden to a behaviour but the steps for successful DIY rehab culminate in so called termination.